Sometimes it can be hard to maintain enthusiasm about the daily routine of life. We become slaves to our never ending 'to-do' lists and focus on just getting by enough to make it to another day. But maintaining an enthusiastic attitude can make the mundane seem marvelous! Approaching your days with enthusiasm not only helps you to be more productive is also good for your health! In honor of International Enthusiasm Week, here are five tips for maintaining your enthusiasm throughout the day:
1. Stay positive- No matter what the day brings, put a positive spin on it. Think of how you can benefit from each interaction and experience.
2. SMILE- Smile a big, genuine, face splitting smile. Throughout the day think of something or someone who makes you happy, keep a photo of the person, place or thing nearby. When you smile it instantly changes your attitude and puts you in a better mood.
3. Be grateful- As morbid as it may sound this one thing remains true: THINGS CAN ALWAYS BE WORSE. Think about all the things in your life that have gone RIGHT. . .you have your sight, you have food to eat, a place to live, etc. Be grateful (and happy) for even the smallest of blessings because there are people who wish they were in your position.
4. Celebrate your accomplishments- This is the best way to truly remain enthusiastic about the tasks/days ahead. Stop every now and then and smell the roses. Look at everything you've accomplished (even small accomplishments) and give yourself a pat on the back. YOU ROCK!
5. Think about the future- Be mindful that your journey is far from over and when you celebrate your accomplishments, be filled with excitement & joy that you have a new chance each day to live the life you want.
Leave a Reply.
Writer. Reader. Designer. Creative Spirit.
“I would advise anyone who aspires to a writing career that before developing his talent he would be wise to develop a thick hide.”